Certificate course on Internal Control and Compliance
No. of Classes/ Sessions
Last Date of Registration
Class Starts From
Internal Control and Compliance
A strong internal control system is one of the best mitigation strategies for managing internal operational and financial risks. This course aims to convince you of the importance of effective internal controls for financial, operational and compliance reasons with a practical focus to enable you to apply effective control practices at your workplace.
How participants will benefit after the course:
- This course equips you with relevant risks and controls knowledge to enable you to identify control weaknesses, as well as implement effective control activities for the common core business processes (namely procurement, payment, revenue, receipts, cash management, inventory and fixed asset management) found in a company.
- You will also learn to develop your own Internal Controls Checklists to evaluate internal control practices currently implemented in your organization.
This course will cover:
- Discover the components of an effective control environment
- Determine the design and operating effectiveness of existing internal control practices
- Learn most commonly implemented control activities to manage operational and financial risks
- Identify the key risks areas of the aforesaid business processes
- Implement effective key control activities for each of the aforesaid business processes and sub-processes
- Internal controls for the revenue, receipts, procurement, payment, cash management processes, inventory and fixed assets etc.
- Learn to develop your own internal controls checklists to evaluate existing internal controls with provided templates
- Preparation of SOPs, Policies and Accounting Manual
- Compliance Lead and perform role of Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- How to Monitor change and Facilitate in compliance with Companies Act, Income Tax & VAT and other Laws and Liaison with regulatory bodies
Md. Mahabubul Alam
MSC, MBA , FCMA
Partner of SSM & Associates
• Fellow Cost and Management Accountant
(Membership No: F-0935) from Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Bangladesh (ICMAB).
• Executive Masters of Business Administration (EMBA) at Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka (Running: 28th Batch 3rd Semester, CGPA: 3.78 out of 4.00). • CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting from The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and only 2 papers left to be qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant from CIMA (UK) . • Completed IRCA certified lead auditor course on INFORMATIOM SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (ISO-27001) . Working Experience: • Al Arafah Islami Bank Limited, First Assistant Vice president (Financial Analytics, Central MIS Division), Duration: From Dec’15 to continue. • Berger Paints Bangladesh Ltd, Assistant Manager-Cost Accounts, Financial Planning & Monitoring, Duration: From June’15 to Dec’15 • Eastern Bank Ltd, Associate Manager, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Finance Division, Duration: From Sept’10 to May’15